Monday, October 5, 2009

"there is a holiness for the heart's affections..." - John Keats

I love the Romantic poets. Quote me Shelley, Byron, Coleridge, and I swoon.

I've never been a huge Keats fan, although you have to give him credit for things like "a thing of beauty is a joy forever." I mean, really, how many people know that's Keats?

But the real star of Bright Star is Fanny Brawn, played beautifully by Abbie Cornish.

Keats sends her a love letter, the first one, I think, and Fanny grabs Toots, her little sister, and says, "I love you, I love you, I love you."

That's the thing about love, real love, that is: The more you get, the more you give. That's what's so amazing about it.


From one of Keats' letters to Fanny:

"My Mind has been the most discontented and restless one that ever was put into a body too small for it. I never felt my Mind repose upon anything with complete and undistracted enjoyment - upon no person but you. When you are in the room my thoughts never fly out of window: you always concentrate my whole senses."

Sigh.

Be still my heart.

No comments: