Sunday, January 27, 2008

"sometimes the night was beautiful" - rich mullins


Rich Mullins
might be my favorite theologian of all time. His words so often capture what I understand about theology at this point. I'm not willing to say much emphatically about doctrines, laws and all that jazz, but what I am willing to say about faith comes pretty close to this:


Sometimes the night was beautiful
Sometimes the sky was so far away
sometimes it seemed to stoop so close,
you could touch it but your heart would break
Sometimes the morning came too soon
sometimes the day could be so hot
there was so much work left to do,
but so much You'd already done

Sometimes I think of Abraham,
how one star he saw had been lit for me
He was a stranger in this land,
and I am that no less than he
And on this road to righteousness,
sometimes the climb can be so steep
I may falter in my steps,
but never beyond Your reach


"Step by Step" The World As Best As I Remember It, vol 1

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh god you are my god and i will ever praise you.