Friday, January 16, 2009

"you'll want to eat the rest of your life with me." - Simon

I am in love with simon from In Her Shoes. I would go on a date with him, even though I don't believe in dating. Except he's married to toni colette. And of course, there is the problem that they're fictional characters, so they don't exist.

There's a lot of fictional characters I'm in love with. Melrose Plant and Richard Jury top the list, Melrose for laughter and Jury for steadiness. And of course Mr. Darcy comes to mind, although I think I root more for Wentworth and Knightley, because it's always seemed to me a bit more dicey for them - not as sure they would get their girls in the end.

I wonder what it says about me that these are all British guys. Hmm. I can't think of an American character I've been in love with....well, maybe.

I'll get back to you on that.

1 comment:

april. said...

oh greta, even I would date simon. and i like that you have fictional character you are attracted to. i am attracted to musicians, which is kind of the same thing. if i ever meet joseph arthur, i WILL propose. him or tracy chapman, it's a toss up.