Tuesday, May 19, 2009

my name is gretzky, and i am an introvert

Some days are cranky days. The sort of day Alexander had. I bet Alexander was an introvert.

I recognize I have a lot to be thankful for. I have a decent job. I have a family that has its share of characters, but mostly gets along. There are people I get to hang out with whom I love. I’m also in love with a great dog named Wallace. And there’s seeds sprouting up in all the pots on the dining room windowsill. Spring is coming.

But I don’t do too hot when weekends are packed full of events and gatherings and people. I’m more on the scale of 1 event a weekend. That’s a good number for me. I need to keep this in mind for next time. Sometimes I forget and try to plan too much. And it doesn’t work out well. I get tired and then cranky and then I wake up and am in a horrible, no good, very bad mood and even Wallace nosing my hand for a pet doesn’t help.

Hmph.

But some days are like that, even in Australia.

No comments: