Friday, December 14, 2007

according to wikipedia....

... white elephant gift exchanges are also called "thieving elves." Who knew?

When I was in high school I remember going to a white elephant gift exchange and ending up with a pale blue 70's lamp shaped like an elephant. It was pretty cool.

Last year, we did a W.E.G.E. at the parents', and I ended up with a pretty awesome mini-tool set that the brothers criticized me for stealing. They asked me what I'd do with it, and I said since I didn't have a tool set, I'd use it instead of borrowing others' tools. Every girl oughta have a screwdriver, right?

At the office holiday party today, we were exchanging $10.00 "nice" gifts...(Why do people insist on nice gifts? Isn't the point of white elephant gags??) so I stole back the card game I brought, because it looked pretty good compared to all the rest...This could be interpreted as a breaking of the rules, since I brought it, but seriously, card games beat snowmen salt and pepper shakers any day.

No comments: