Thursday, December 20, 2007

nellie hs a new dent and i am sad.

that's right, not nelly the music artist, but nellie the nissan, aka greta's mode of transportation since 2003...I parked her on the street at work and someone bashed into her, which was a sad thing to come out of work into. it was good I had a good day at work, but really what are the chances? I had just got back from a site visit at 4, and she was doing lovely, and i left work at 5:30...so somewhere in that hour and a half, someone dented her and did not leave a note. probably they saw her back left dent and assumed I am one of those people who do not take care of their car. it was dark, so i didn't even notice it until i tried to open the driver's side door and couldn't open it all the way...which was interesting. so i half crawled into her, and became sad at the state of my life in general - damaged car, no home to speak of. (I've been bouncing around.) but those of you know me know my theory that God talks to me through my car - whenever something bad happens to it, I think God's trying to get my attention. Mostly this is because someone hit me in Baltimore and then I had to hitch a ride with a woman for two weeks, and she ended up turning into one of my best friends...I'm trying to figure what God's trying to say this time. It probably has something to do with trust, as this keeps coming up in general...sigh. but i really wish God would get my attention in less painful ways. if nellie were a person, her whole left side would be messed up and she wouldn't walk right. i should probably be thankful the damage wasn't so extensive that she can't be driven. i'm working on that. maybe by tomorrow i'll be there. tonight i'm just frustrated.

No comments: