Tuesday, December 25, 2007

yes virginia, or a story about santa claus

So yesterday some friends said they were telling their son there isn't a Santa Claus, because they don't want him to grow up thinking he was lied to. Today my cousin noted they're probably going to lie to him at some point about something, so why not lie about nice innocuous things like Santa Claus?

I guess I never thought my parents lied about Santa Claus. They said Santa brought presents and since I was the oldest, I didn't want to ruin it for my little siblings, although they probably knew Santa was a fake before I did....but I never confronted the issue of whether he was real or not - I chose to go along with it since I liked the idea of someone coming down the chimney to leave presents. I still like the idea. It's a pretty great story. And I like believing in impossible things. I guess this makes me delusional. But there is this blog....:)

2 comments: