Sunday, December 23, 2007

“It’s not good strategy to have all your people in one place surrounded by a bunch of people who hate you.” – Dale

“Maybe George W. needs to play Risk.” – G


Last night I told my brother, who is obsessed with taking over the world in the game of Risk, that I would play if our cousin’s girlfriend played. So I got some lessons in Risk strategy. I started well, covering all of Africa and most of Europe. I wasn't the first one out of the game, although we stopped playing shortly after midnight. PJ thinks he would have won. This is debatable.

At one point there was a fight over the Middle East, which PJ was trying to take over. This was when Dale noted that it’s not good strategy to deploy all your troops to one area where they are surrounded by hostile countries, and I suggested it might be helpful for our President to play a game of Risk. It might enlighten some of his decisions. (Perhaps this would have been more useful four years ago.)

No comments: