Saturday, December 15, 2007

"Half the game is mental; the other half is being mental." - jim mckenny

So our very own WHL team, the Seattle Thunderbirds, brought back their game tonight and beat the Swift Current Broncos 8-3. (Swift Current is east of Calgary, west of Winnipeg.) I learned today that the WHL is part of the Canadian Hockey League (CHL), which is the feeder league for the NHL, with players from 15-20...best part of the game, since there were no fights, was definitely the music. The Key Arena DJ could host a stellar karaoke contest. I think they should consider doing this in between periods. It could be a "Thunderbirds Idol" sorta deal. But the "chuck the puck" thing was pretty funny, too.

Also, I'm wondering about how teamwork works in hockey. I don't think this was the Thunderbirds' most cohesive night, although I haven't seen them play as much as Thunnex , who is a much bigger fan...

No comments: