Thursday, March 6, 2008

Definition of Move #2: To transfer (a piece or man) from one space or position to another, according to the rules of the game; as, to move a king.

"Fuck." - Gretzky

"That's definitely swear-worthy." - My boss


Today my office moved locations, to next door. You might think this would be a simple endeavor, but I am learning that what I think should be simple is often complicated. In the midst of taking down bulletin boards and moving various office equipment that for some reason didn't get moved when the actual movers were here, and after drinking about a thousand nalgenes full of water, I realized I had to go to the bathroom and discovered they were locked. That's right, both of them, normally open, locked. And the keys were in a box somewhere, in the bottom of a pile of boxes marked office supplies.

I almost had to go across the street to Parnell's, and if you know Parnell's, you know why this might not be a good idea....so it's good I found the keys and made it back to the bathroom, only to discover that the lock wasn't working. This is where my well-placed "fuck" came in. Thankfully the other bathroom door opened, and I made it. Next time I won't wait so long. I probably should have learned this in kindergarten.

By the way, if you haven't seen the scene in the Wire, Season One, where Jimmy and Bunk review a crime scene only using the eff word, it's pretty fascinating.


(Also, the 28 dates in 2008 campaign is under way, and Courtney is well on her way, one of the movers got her number.)

No comments: