Monday, March 10, 2008

"Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness." ~Maya Angelou

My friend Becca married this guy Trace, and he played a show tonight at the Triple Door, which I had never been to but am going back to stat.

First of all, I love places where you can eat good food and listen to music at the same time. Second of all, it's classy, and in this town, we need some classy venues. Seattle is more known for sloppiness than class. Thirdly, they pick good music that's often flying under the radar.

I tell people Trace is a guitar player and they kind of shrug their shoulders, roll their eyes, or say anyone can play guitar, but when I say this guy can play guitar, I mean this guy can play guitar.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I'm so jealous!!! And so glad you got to see him! I've seen him a few times at a theater in Boulder. I think he must be part of their regular opening act rotation. Or at least he used to be. I'm always left wishing he could just keep on playing and trying to remember who I came to see in the first place.