Monday, February 2, 2009

"I've taken the liberty of copying and pasting interpretations and bolding my favorites" - K8

It used to be that dream interpretation was the realm of prophets. Think Daniel, who interpreted king's dreams... Like everything else these days, dream interpretation has gone twenty-first century and you can get some great interpretations online.

So last week when I had the 3rd most disturbing dream of my life, my dream became the subject of a flurry of furious e-mails back and forth between girl friends. No conclusions have been made quite yet.

Basically, I had a dream I was getting married. Talk about nightmares. I had one of those HORRIBLE poufy cinderella dresses on, the strapless corseted monstrosity that everyone wears these days. It was disgusting. And showed too much cleavage. And these terribly uncomfortable, elegant white satin heels about 5 inches off the ground. Which is ridiculous, as the groom, who I KNEW from my real life, was only 2 inches taller than me. And it was in a huge church, with candles lining the windows and the pews full of people. Hushed, and reverent and all that. Ugh. Not my idea of a good time. I am going to elope if it ever comes down to it. Or go to the forest and get married in the trees. Or in my parent's backyard with a potluck. I will probably wear a pretty dress, but it will not weigh over 20 pounds, and I will not wear 5 inch heels. Unless the groom is 6'5".

Anyway, that's really neither here nor there, the thing is, in the dream I was marrying someone I know, someone I consider a good friend. We'll call him Groom A. And then, right before I walk down the aisle part of the wedding, someone from the right of the church yelled out,
"Who really wants to marry Gretzky?" And it was so embarrassing, on many levels, but then Groom A only half-heartedly raised his hand. I wanted to throw my bouquet at him and curse. But then ANOTHER PERSON I KNOW FROM REAL LIFE, who I also consider to be a good friend, waved his hand in the air and yelled "I do!" We'll call him Groom B. Also, he is also only about 3 inches taller than me, so again the heels are too high. So then in the dream, I am up at the front of all these people I don't know, towering over my groom, and I married him!

And then I woke up and was severely disturbed. And I wanted to call Groom A and Groom B and tell them I had just had a dream in which I married them, but I didn't think that would be a great start to any of our mornings or do any favors for the continuance of our friendships. I mean, really, how stalker-ish is it to tell someone you had a dream about marrying them? It's like that crazy girl from the bachelorette who had a vision board and put Jason's name on it. WEIRD.

So instead I e-mailed my best girl friends about it all, and k8 found some good stuff on my dream, courtesy of Dream Moods:

To see a marriage in your dream, signifies commitment, harmony or transitional period. You are undergoing an important developmental phase in your life. The dream may also represent the unification of formerly separate or opposite aspects of yourself. In particular, it is the union of masculine or feminine aspects of yourself.Consider the qualities and characteristics of the person that you are marrying. These are the qualities that you need to look at incorporating within yourself.

To see a wedding in your dream, symbolizes a new beginning or transition in your current life. They reflect your issues about commitment and independence.


Here's to new beginnings, peeps. In whatever way they come.

No comments: