Wednesday, March 18, 2009

"help me Mars Kenobi, you're my only hope" - Logan

Gretzky: "should we list all the reasons we love Logan?"

Dri: "that would be embarassing. because I can come up with a lot."


That said, here are reasons we love Logan. A better question might of course be why we wouldn't love him.

6) His cell phone messages: The inspirational quote of the day is hilarious and thought-provoking, and even though he does them to be a smart-ass, you get the feeling he also believes in them, just a little bit.

5) He has a really soft heart, but he covers it all up to pretend to be bad. I know, I know, this is such a foolishly girly thing to say, but I do love the bad boy, I'll be honest. And also, he is the bad boy, but he tries so hard to be better.

4) The episode where he saves Veronica from the Fitzpatricks, pointing the gun at all of them, saying "I've had a really bad year."

Dri insert: I also like his bad boyness in general. I find it sweet and endearing. I'm gonna stop there because it's embarassing.

3) His lines:

"If you really want flowers, dying seems to be the way to go."

"I'm not going to see you for a week. That's, like, a month."

"I thought we were epic."

"They don't write songs about the ones that come easy."

And so on and so forth.


2) The sparks/chemistry/emotional connection between him and Veronica. Even while she's dating Duncan, the tension pops off the screen, and you want him and Veronica to succeed so badly.

1) Who else would be described as the "obligatory psychotic jackass" and still make the audience fall in love with him? There's these layers to Logan, he's not just the obligatory idiot.

No comments: