Tuesday, March 17, 2009

"Who's been putting away the silverware?" - Dave

Dave is probably going to get the best-husband-of-any-friend-I-have Award for 2009. I think he also won it for 2008, but that's another story.

He gets this award for:

1) Driving to Buffalo from Toronto to pick me up after my plane was delayed until midnight, and then driving home to Sij. In the snow. For two hours.

2) Teaching me how to ice skate backwards. I'm still fuzzy, but I've got the general idea, and I think I might be doing triple lutzes by May if I really work at it.

3) Not caring that Sij and I watched the first 18 episodes of Veronica Mars Season One over a period of approximately 96 hours. There is only 1 tv in the place. And it's a 1 bedroom, did I mention that?

4) It's a holdover from the time he bought me The Princess Bride for Christmas. He's still surfing the wave of points he got on that one, let me tell ya.

Anyway, when Dave asked the most ridiculous question about silverware while I was in Toronto a couple weeks ago, I couldn't help but laugh - Obviously, it's me, since I'm the one who doesn't live there and am impaired when it comes to putting things away in other people's kitchens. I wasn't really paying attention, I guess.

But really, Dave, 2009 BHOAFIH Award, seriously!

Also, Happy St. Patrick's Day, peeps!

No comments: