Wednesday, February 13, 2008

"is it possible to get placed with friends in the same place?" - random college student.

I am not a good recruiter.

Well, that depends on the product - I could probably sell Kait's pie to just about anyone, and I can convince even those who hate the thought of opening a book to try lifting the page to a book they could be interested in....

Last night I volunteered to do a recruiting event for TFA at UW. Their final deadline for 08 is Friday...the first question I got was whether or not groups of friends could ever be placed in the same place. I did not have a great answer for this. I mean, the likelihood of this happening is so slim as to be non-existent, but saying that in a diplomatic way that would encourage someone to still apply seemed to be out of my grasp at that moment....I said something to the effect of how many friends you make while in TFA and how great a community it is and all that jazz, but I was really thinking it was a silly question.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ahh...thanks darlin.

april. said...

that is a silly question. kids today have no priorities. jeesh. oh and now i want some of kaitlins pie.