Sunday, February 3, 2008

"The only way I could tell the teams was by their helmet colors." - Mom

Mom often surprises me, and last week's birthday party for Grandpa was no exception. Mom is not a football fan, but Dad informed me that Mom knew the outcome of the Seahawks' season BEFORE they ended it on the snowy field of loss...Apparently, the night before the game, she had a dream about the Packers' beating the Seahawks. No joke. She says sherecognize the Seahawks helmet anywhere, but she had a harder time recognizing the Packers'...

...she didn't have any dreams about the Giants or the Patriots today, although I wasn't terribly invested in this game since Brady rates even lower than Manning in my world. I was more excited about Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. I must've played "I Won't Back Down" on repeat about 80 times a morning my first semester of teaching high schoolers. Someone once put "Wildflowers" on a mix cd I cherish...Classic stuff. And this oughta bring back some good memories...I've been singing this one an awful lot lately. Patience has never been my strong suit:

No comments: