Monday, July 21, 2008

"Hand me my purse, will you darling? A girl can't read that sort of thing without her lipstick." - Holly Golightly

And I said what about "Breakfast at Tiffany's?
She said, "I think I remember the film,
And as I recall, I think, we both kinda liked it."
And I said, "Well, that's the one thing we've got."

- Deep Blue Something


Audrey Hepburn is a classic. Favorite quotes from Breakfast at Tiffany's are below:




Holly:
You know those days when you get the mean reds?

Paul: Mean reds? You mean like the blues?

Holly: No, the blues are different. The blues are when you're getting fatter or its been raining too long but you're just sad that's all. Oh, but the mean reds are terrible. You're suddenly afraid and you don't even know why. Well, anyways,when I get the mean read the only good things to do is jump in a cab and go over to Tiffany's. It calms me down right away. So quiet and respectable nothing bad could ever happen to you there. If I ever found a place like Tiffany's, oh well, I'd buy some furniture and give the cat a name!

____________________________________________________________________

It should take you 4 seconds to get from here to that door. I'll give you two.

____________________________________________________________________


I didn't want Jose to think I was the kind of girl to lose her key, so I had 26 of them made.

____________________________________________________________________

She's a phony, but she's a real phony.

___________________________________________________________________

You know what's wrong with you, Miss Whoever-You-Are? You're chicken. You've got no guts. You're afraid to stick out your chin and say, 'Okay, life's a fact.' People do fall in love. People do belong to each other. Because that's the only chance anybody's got for real happiness. You call yourself a free spirit, a wild thing, yet you're terrified that somebody's gonna put you in a cage. Well, baby, you're already in a cage and you built it yourself. And it's not bound on the east by Somali land or on the west by Tulip, Texas. It's wherever you go. Because no matter where you run, you're always going to end up running into yourself.

No comments: