Wednesday, May 7, 2008

"this might explain some things." - k8

for non-northwesterners needing some translation about how pnw people work, pemco's copywriters* have created an excellent cheat sheet. I hope these writers are getting paid well. They're funny.

I was walking around Queen Anne the other day. In honor of a cinco de mayo celebration I was heading to, I had on a bright blue skirt with orange flowers and greeny leaves patterned on it, and a blue shirt and light green sweater. And green flip flops. I was passing all these people in boring blacks, browns, and grays, and thinking to myself, geez, what's wrong with these people? They need some color!! Then I got self-conscious about my colorful clothes, and wondered where my people were, the ones who like to wear bright colors.

*Speaking of copywriters, who knew that Dorothy Sayers wrote for Guinness, and is the person behind "my goodness, my guinness"? She gets cooler and cooler all the time...

No comments: