Sunday, May 11, 2008

"you will have a life rich in avocadoes or another fruit of your choice"

This was a fortune from Coffeehouse last night, which is becoming maybe my favorite tradition of all time. I realize that's extreme, but I am not retracting. Okay, it might not be my all time favorite tradition, but it's definitely in the top 10. (Coffeehouse is a gathering every second Saturday of the month at my house, where friends perform poetry, song, monologues, or whatever. It is cool. Also, more singers would be excellent, so feel free to join next time.)

The thing I love about Coffeehouse is that people are so talented, and it's so fun to see another side of friends that I don't usually see. And an honor, really, to have folks share their gifts so generously. Including fortune-telling. I didn't get this fortune. Mine was that I would make a big purchase I might regret but I would recover from it eventually....

And Mari's was that she would fall in love today. I think this was the best fortune, and I hope it happened.

No comments: