Saturday, January 5, 2008

a nike issue

Diane Court: I have this theory of convergence, that good things always happen with bad things. I know you have to deal with them at the same time, but I just don't know why they have to happen at the same time. I just wish I could work out some schedule. - Say Anything

So it’s five days into the New Year, new stuff and lots of good things happening….This morning woke to a message from a friend about another friend’s suicide. They found him yesterday. And this morning, in the midst of a very good, productive meeting, learned of a friend’s mother, killed in a car accident this morning.

Sigh. In the midst of life we are in death....good things happening with bad all in the mix...

And what do we do with it, this is the question.

I know one thing: we don’t have time to fuck around. Life’s too short. People die. So whatever it is you do to make the world a better place, do it. Large or small, in whatever way you’ve got going on. Just do it.

No comments: