Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Ty: "I think this is a really bad idea."

G: Maybe if you say it for the 8th time...

Ty: I think this is a really bad idea.

Said at about 12:01 this morning, when Ty's housemates decided to celebrate the New Year by taking their Christmas tree outside, digging a hole in the ground, plopping the Christmas tree in it, and setting it on fire. Mostly I think this was due to alcoholic influence, although when I got there around 7, they weren't drunk yet and talked about this as if this were a perfectly rational thing to do.

Since I have never had to dispose of a Christmas tree, I don't know proper etiquette for doing so, but I'm fairly sure that most people don't take theirs in the backyard and light it on fire. At least they had a hose around. Smokey would not have been happy, but thankfully nothing extraneous (like the wooden fence about five feet away) was burned in the Christmas tree flame-a-thon...





And I was reminded of this great spot yesterday by a fellow fan, so I need to include it in my best of list from yesterday....

Best Coffee Shop with a View


I hesitate to put this one on here because it's not usually crowded, which adds to its appeal, but the Canal St. Cafe in Fremont has decent coffee, a lovely porch, free wifi, and at night you can look out over the water and lights and it's fabulous....

No comments: