Sunday, January 20, 2008

"That's my pastor, fucker." - Bob

Kait lives in Texas. In Dallas, no less. Not even Austin or San Antonio, but Dallas.

Anyway, Kait’s part of a community in Dallas whose pastor happens to be a woman named Danielle. Danielle is awesome.

Kait’s friend Bob, who is also part of Journey, was somewhere Danielle was too, and she passed by the table Bob was sitting at. A guy at the table asked Bob, “Who was that?”

Bob: “My pastor.”

Guy: “No, who was that?” (Points to Danielle.)

Bob: “My pastor.”

Guy: “No, that woman…who was that woman?”

Bob: “My pastor.”

Guy: “No, the woman?”

Bob: “That’s my pastor, fucker. I’ll take truth anywhere I can get it, and if I get to listen to truth coming out of the mouth of a woman, I’m gonna be there every Sunday.”

Amen, Bob.

3 comments:

LKT said...

Excellent. The world needs more Bobs.

Gretzky said...

And less "Who was that woman?" questioners...

Anonymous said...

yes, that's exactly how it happened. thanks for refreshing my memory. i'm glad that you made record of this. yay yay yay